Sunday, August 29, 2021

A dream called The Aurora Borealis


May it that the heavens grace me to watch

Or may it  through beloved eyes 

Sure am I that  north abode to reach 

In lifetimes  next or this 

A sight of the spectacular Aurora Borealis


May a night sky  I see in the north

And the iced lake beneath 

Amongst the magical trees,

love filled heart and  howling winter breeze 

Whence shall watch the Aurora Borealis 


May a  faraway dream it seems 

But a dream nearer to my heart it is

As to the earth the magnificent sun shares

The sparks of their love in solar flares 

And I dream the Aurora Borealis 









15 comments:

  1. This is breathtaking, I felt a chill as though I was actually surrounded by snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written. I would like to dream the Aurora Borealis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful imagery. And effective repetition. Like Naledi suggests, your poem takes us there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely rendering of a natural spectacular. I alwsay say to myself that must be awesome to experience.

    Happy Sunday

    Muchđź’–love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recall as a young child seeing the Aurora Australis or Southern Lights from Tasmania where I lived. I only knew what the greenish, flickering light in the sky was because of what the adults around me said. Though I only saw it that once, it has remained with me vividly in memory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I've heard of it too and must say you are Lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Your genuine comments are appreciated