Sunday, February 26, 2023

It's been a long time coming

 It's been a long time coming 

Coming home to my heart 

My heart leading my mind

It's  been a long while like

a joy always within a child's heart

Within mine to rediscover 

Eons I forgot  and running after time  

Waiting on validations 

a child never sought 

It's been a long time coming 

home to butterflies in the evening garden 

And gloworms in the misty night 

It's been a long time coming 

to understand a child's joy 

That was lost now takes time to rewind 

It's been along time coming 

Coming home to my heart  


#  Poets and Storytellers united 



16 comments:

  1. I love this! It took me over forty years to understand my worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, even I'd been a people pleaser, glad you loved it

      Delete
  2. Oh, how lovely! In sentiments and expression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting on validations - how much time is lost in that waiting. Resonates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite line is "like a joy always within a child's heart." Don't we wish
    that could be in our hearts, a tad always and some more every now and then.
    This is my favorite of the ones written for the prompt. Thank you, it's a reminder.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweetness of this piece is very moving

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful "My heart leading my mind" The best way to be

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice rhythm and sweet images. I can't help but hear the CSNY song A Long Time Comin' in my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Your genuine comments are appreciated