Monday, September 16, 2024

The difference



Myriad suns have set and risen

The silence follows 

Do I make a difference 

I ask myself 


A myriad moon have risen 

And again my heart dips into the abyss

Could I make a difference 

I ask myself


Relentlessly the ocean hits the shore

The salty wind breezing past into oblivion

Should I try to make a difference 

I ask myself 


With no one near and none to judge me

I cry my lungs out on the mountain top

Whether I make or not a difference 

I tell myself 




Written for 

Friday Writings #144: To speak up or stay silent?


9 comments:

  1. I love the repetition 'Should I try to make a difference' Beautiful images like 'my heart dips into the abyss'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very true. We do have our emotional response, regardless; and express it too, some way or another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rosemary, somehow everything finds a way out in time.

      Delete
  3. You never know who might hear you on that mountaintop. Individually, we are both insignificant and powerful simultaneously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , that's the point we want to be heard not judged

      Delete
  4. The repetition works so well in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "A myriad moon have risen

    And again my heart dips into the abyss"

    Beautiful writing, Jossina. The refrain works well.

    ReplyDelete

Your genuine comments are appreciated