Friday, June 10, 2022

Sometimes Rumi and me

Sometimes I am drunk in the drunkenness of an echoing love song 

Oh Rumi sometimes I do think I  have an insight  into your love wrecked heart

May be it was the blazing embers in the deep  of the earth that lighted your heart 

Or it was the bliss of cool rains from the  heavens that once you relished could never set apart

Or the splendour of celestial light  that moved through the ether into your cells 

Sometimes I drown in the deep waters of flowing thoughts  

The thoughts of how and what Rumi could have found

The secrets of a love which only Rumi could tell 

And the secrets of the same  I wish  to find





17 comments:

  1. Love the term "wrecked heart." I succumb to the drowning when it comes to Rumi too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful ponder on the writings of Rumi and who he was. Have a good weekend

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a beautiful poem! Very reminiscent of Rumi. He is certainly a favourite of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that and thank you for visiting

      Delete
  4. If Rumi was the inspiration, then I must dig into Rumi. Lovely work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Debi Rumi's world is so vast and I'm sure you'd really appreciate

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautifully done... can totally relate to it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you can relate, love knowing that. And thanks for your kind words

      Delete
  7. I'm with Colleen, "wrecked heart" is an absolutely wonderful phrase. It brings to mind so many images and feelings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another "wrecked heart" fan. The writings of Rumi can be so mysterious at times, but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah Rumi is beyond the ordinary. Thank you for dropping by

    ReplyDelete

Your genuine comments are appreciated