Sunday, July 23, 2023

By whatever name

Written  for Friday Writings # 86: Glimmer



The rains have always been a real fascination for me ever since childhood, but the deluge in the past years, about the destruction it could cause has also left an indelible mark. Yet the earth wouldn't flourish weren't it for the bounty from above and my fascination remains. 




Whether a patchy drizzle 
A cloud burst, a thunderstorm 
Whether a little shower 
a pelt down, a rainstorm
Whether a severe deluge 
Or a violent squall 
The waters transformed to 
vapours, rose to heaven
and humbled came down again
By whatever name 
they and I shall call 
You arrive the same  
And I glimmer shimmer and all





24 comments:

  1. A good rainstorm is such a lovely thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A one that's not destructive. Way back in 2018 the deluge here caused heavy loss of lives that hopefully won't recur.

      Delete
  2. I like the loose intricate rhymes, and oh yes, the cooling rain! Some people are still waiting for theirs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the rains...even the thunderstorm thrills me except for the terror it caused in 2018 and thank you Pricilla

      Delete
  3. What a fun read Love the last line

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you put it like that, it is indeed a fascinating phenomenon. I enjoyed your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I esp love this "The waters transformed to
    vapours, rose to heaven
    and humbled came down again"

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you have four months of monsoon as we do here... it goes from glimmer to trigger very quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For many it's a trigger, yet the rains give me an undescribable elation

      Delete
  7. I have experience the monsoon season...memories of everything damp :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The monsoon comes with it's positives and negatives. Thanks for your comments

      Delete
  8. Liked your poem....Rall...me above as well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forever I have loved a wonderful refreshing rain, thunderstorms too (the kind that do no damage) ... your poem is another reminder of why. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nature is the greatest glimmer of hope and survival.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed it is ...the rain, the wind....thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are all glad that the waters come down from the clouds again. Without which, there will be no life. Your poem reminds us of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. And then there's that amazing scent after a rainstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even I like it too , thank you

    ReplyDelete

Your genuine comments are appreciated