Sunday, August 27, 2023

The Reverie



The stretch along the mountain road

a strenuous arduous climb it be 

Expectations of dreams a mind aboard

with streaking silvers along  the valley 


Pretty  blossoms along the way 

the emerald  fields below 

the splendorous orange sky

the melody blowing from a far


Love  touched upon my dreamy heart 

from beyond the walls of the sky

The heavens silent grace

and a gentle shower come by


In time true my blissful reverie 

before a reality it  can be

Here upon I prepare an enactment 

in the mind before the journey 




Written for Friday Writings #91: Muscle Memory 

To embark on a journey  to some faraway mountains of a dream I soon hope to fulfill  , Magaly's prompt came in time to sharpen my claws, exercise my mind and body .


11 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more; dreams are the first steps if things possible are to become reality. Dream on, Jossina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the third stanza so much. It's soothing tone and imagery left me smiling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! The last two lines of your poem, my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beyond the walls of sky... i like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Magaly about that third stanza; it is lovely. I also love that the poem is a " blissful reverie"

    ReplyDelete
  6. It kind of soothes me like a lullaby. I love that we can expand love to everything in creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I particularly like the line "a melody blowing from afar."
    I have been in situations like that when hill-walking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enactment before the actual journey....it's always like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your opening, it will be "an arduous climb". But in the end, it will be all worth it. Dream and plan.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely reverie! And what a lovely description of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here upon I prepare an enactment
    in the mind before the journey

    To prepare for a dream is to make it better to appear in reality. Apparently it happens that way.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete

Your genuine comments are appreciated