Monday, September 25, 2023

Just another yesterday

 Was a little  thing of five or so

An evening stroll to a park 

With Dad Mum and little sis 

On our way  back the full moon shone 

As I hopped and jumped and walked 

with my little feet 

And I saw her gently shining in the sky

I looked again up and then jumped two steps ahead 

Oh my joy she was following me

I looked  at Dad and said 

Look the moon is moving with me 

Dad said why don't you run and check 

So did I

Yes yes for sure she follows my pace 

Dad...ow we'll  have to figure out why 

I checked  till I  reached home 

She found a place in my heart 

It's been almost four decades since 

And I still look at her with love in my eyes



8 comments:

  1. Oh so much to love about the moon Nice narrative poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the perspective of an adorable child ~~ I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember trying to outrun the moon at that age...memories...I enjoyed your poem...Rall !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great when we humans can retain our childish delight with the moon - and indeed, the rest of the natural world. ;-) This was fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think we can all remember being amazed as kids that the moon followed us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even I used to think the same
    That moon is following & playing a game :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many of us did exactly as you did as a child. You describe sweetly how the moon stalks us but in a good way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned about things farther off seeming to follow us, from road trips, maybe age five or a bit earlier. Lovely illusion!

    ReplyDelete

Your genuine comments are appreciated