Saturday, October 21, 2023

Some Answers

Why was I so shy 

Why was I so scared 

Why was I not brave in time 

Why was I so fearful of this world 

Why did I fear losing before even I could find 

Why did I fear to dirty my legs 

And then tried to be brave when it was too late

Why time lost never comes back 

Sometimes I wake up with such why's 

Whose answers seem nothing but sighs

 

But then......


I realise.....


I still have a chance 



To be bold , to be brave 

While there is still time 

Facing  fears would better be

than owning my cowardice 

To tread the unpleasant path 

And face with courage the mirror that reflects 

Then would I perceive 

that the seasons change 

All is beautiful enough 

And ....  I  don't need to ask 'Why?



Written for Friday Writings #99: Why???


8 comments:

  1. I love the clarity with which you list those large questions – and the beautiful resolution you found for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And face with courage the mirror that reflects -" Surely the best way to recognise answers to an aver present 'Why?'. I enjoyed this apparent conversation with yourself, leading to such an answer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, some things we just shouldn't ask, others we are worse off since
    we know why, and more of the like of these various variations. Who knows?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poetry is perfection. Asked and answered with such flair, depth of emotion, meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh absolutely, confronting our fears is the way forward... it is only when we start questioning ourselves like you have, so deeply, that we get the impetus to move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps looking back, we all could have done more, been more in our minds. But every day is to start fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Your genuine comments are appreciated