Friday, June 16, 2023

Once again born again


 Once again I'm born again 

(My being on flight like a bird with wings ) 

Swishing  through the timeless  wind

flowing towards the boundless sea 

from along the currents of the stream 

The sadness and the  pain parting away 

All to a new land and far away   

Sad memories of deep within  

The memories I  leave behind 

Yet I carry the sweetest of them

 In the silent chambers of my heart 

Stranger is the silence of the heart 

And still stranger my soul within

For some of  what is and had been 

Forever I thank the heavens tonight 

Promise the heavens shall I  rise  

From the ashes 

And reclaim the shards  

 of my fragmented soul 

Rekindle the light within my heart  

To be once again born again 

Like a lamp into night



19 comments:

  1. "A lamp into the night" … your soaring words had me thinking about rebirth as hope to live another day with optimism and strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yeah hope always lights a lamp thank you Penelope

      Delete
  2. I completely understand the longing to go far away from pain and memories that haunt me. Such a lovely poem with much feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Stacy for your beautiful comment

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Sad yet hopeful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jossina, this speaks of the teen, girl especially, of the family
    that moved far away to another country where no person is
    known to them before they came.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the depth in your beautiful poem ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's something like that....about rising above adversity...keeping the good from past and looking forward to make the best in life ......you said it beautifully, Thank you Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. like a lamp into night... that is beautiful..the way to rise from the ashes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , Rajani we can't let pain and sorrow be the only experience in life . Thank you fo

      Delete
  8. This is a poem of hope and light. It is a gentle poem, yet there is strength and steel in the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee San for your beautiful words

      Delete
  9. I really love the closing lines. There is hope and magic in rekindling what was and, if we're lucky, kindling something new light.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Magaly for your appreciation

    ReplyDelete
  11. We always associate flying away to a new somewhat Utopian land with disassociation from sad memories and reunion with happiness. This is a universal feeling perhaps fuelled by the desire to escape from our present plight. Beautiful poem expressing that eternal escapade.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice way to look at it , thank you Geetashree

    ReplyDelete

Your genuine comments are appreciated